Department of Energy and Water Supply

Water restrictions

Water restrictions apply in some council areas. Check with your water service provider (generally your local council) for details.

In South East Queensland there are currently no residential or business water restrictions.

This includes: Brisbane City Council, City of Gold Coast, Ipswich City Council, Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Logan City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Noosa Council, Redland City Council, Scenic Rim Regional Council, Somerset Regional Council, Sunshine Coast Council.

You can water your garden on any day and at any time. However:

  • bear in mind you still have to pay for the water you use
  • please use water efficiently. It's our most precious resource.
Last updated:
13 September 2016
Was this page useful?