Lowering your energy usage and considering off-peak options are two of the cheapest and easiest ways to reduce your electricity bill.
Lowering usage also reduces the need for more infrastructure development (e.g. poles and wires) which will help electricity costs for everyone over the long term.
Using less energy also means less pollution and reduced greenhouse gas emissions, so not only will you save money on your energy bills, you will also be helping to save the environment.
This guide has several suggestions for reducing energy costs around your home and business.
How to save
- The Your Energy Savings site shows how to save energy, understand your bill and reduce your environmental impact.
- The Energy Made Easy site lets you compare the best value tariffs for your home. It offers tips for when you are looking at switching retailers.
- Find out more about Energex’s and Ergon Energy’s demand management programs, which not only save you money but also help the networks meet peak demand load in Queensland
- Ergon's household energy use calculator helps identify the highest energy using areas of your home and gives tips for how to better manage energy use.
- Check out our energy efficiency guide (PDF, 1.7MB): everything you need to know to start saving on your energy bills