The Department of Energy and Water Supply and Department of Natural Resources and Mines have been combined to create the new Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.

We will continue to update this website while we work on our new website.

Department of Energy and Water Supply

Calculating electricity on-supply charges

Various State legislation specifies what you can charge your residential customers, for example:

  • the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 applies to owners/managers of Residential Parks who on-supply electricity to manufactured home owners – contact the Residential Services Unit of the Department of Housing and Public Works for more information;
  • The Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 applies to tenancy agreements for caravans, caravan sites, houseboats and rented manufactured homes – contact the Residential Tenancies Authority Queensland for more information; and
  • The Body Corporate and Community Management Regulation 2008 applies to Bodies Corporate who on-supply electricity to home owners – contact the Office of the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management for more information.
  • For more information on your obligations as an on-seller of energy, refer to the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) website.
Last updated:
29 September 2016
Was this page useful?