Search the site

Disputes and complaints

Disputes with energy suppliers

For disputes with electricity retailers or distributors, you should follow these steps:

  1. Contact the electricity retailer directly.
  2. Seek to resolve the dispute with the retailer.
  3. If you feel the issue has not been resolved satisfactorily, lodge your complaint with the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland or with the relevant external organisation that may be able to assist you with dispute resolution.

Making complaints about solar panels

Contact the business in liquidation section of the Office of Fair Trading if the installer of your solar system is placed into liquidation or receivership.

Lodge a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading if you:

  • believe your solar panels are faulty
  • believe you have been misled about the electricity generation capability of your system
  • have paid for a solar system and have not received it within a reasonable period of time
  • believe your supplier failed to submit the relevant Solar Bonus Scheme forms for the 44 cent rate by the 9 July 2012 deadline.

Find out more

Last updated
15 January 2014